Saturday, January 29, 2011

Movie Crush - Sawyer from Cats Don't Dance


I've got to give it up to my favorite catgirl Sawyer, the female lead from the underrated Annie Award Winning animated movie Cats Don't Dance.

Beautifully sung by singer Natalie Cole and voiced by Jasmine Guy of Different World, Dead Like Me and various Broadway Productions, Sawyer was not your typical animated heroine from the get go. On the Unofficial Cats Don't Dance Fansite, animator Lauren Faust describes this unique female character.

"She was such an unusually deep female lead at the time, and I really got to sink my teeth into her personality wise... Most animated girls are too idealistic and perfect (in a shallow way) for my tastes."

Lauren Faust later on went to help make Powerpuff Girls as fabulous as it was; first by working on the animation staff, and then by marrying Powerpuff Girls creator Craig McCracken.

She is currently making the My Little Pony franchise fabulous with by producing the new show My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic.

1 comment:

  1. Friendship is magic, is great. I know that much. Gonna watch Cats don't dance because of Faust.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some comments